Thursday, May 03, 2007

Status Day -5

Today is going fine after a night of light sleep. I received an ATG IV starting at midnight accompanied by more Lasix. I was urinating every 30 minutes. Then they took my daily blood tests at 4 am so that the doctors have results in the early morning.

My Hgb was 8.0 today so I am getting a blood transfusion. Still just red blood cells, but they will have to transfuse platelets later. Platelets have dropped to 133 from 272 when I checked in. Platelets have an average lifetime of 10 days and the chemo is wiping out their source as well.

Not enough blood had been drawn for a correct type & cross, so they had to take 4 more vials of blood. The blood bank would have caught the need to check for the other antibodies that I have, but I asked my nurse to check before it would be delayed even more.

This is day -5, only 5 days to go before the BMT. My brother is in town and starts his treatments to build bone stem cells tomorrow. He came to visit this morning as did the assistant pastor from our church. I appreciate everyone's support.

See the new picture of my central line with clear bandage while referring to a previous description of the procedure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Appreciate the update. Glad that you are making progress and that they are monitoring everything carefully. Hope you will be able to get some real sleep soon! Marge

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Jenne