Friday, May 25, 2007

Going home


Groundhog Day is over. It is the first day of Summer. My creatinine level is down and I am going home. My wife is working today and there is a lot of follow up work to do here, so I will not leave until 5pm.

I still need to get a list of everthing to do at home and all the supplies and meds from the hospital discharge pharmacy. It will be great to sleep in my own bed, use my MacBook Pro laptop with the 20" LCD monitor and watch my HD wide screen TV while lying back in my recliner.

Each of the last three days, I have lost hair while taking a shower. The picture above was just taken with my laptop camera and shows the current state. Seems like the dark hair has fallen out and I am left with the grey. I am also still shaving so maybe I will retain some hair on my head.

I will still be coming into the clinic every day and updating my blog, so check back. I appreciate all of your prayers and support over the last 25 days while I have been here at the hospital.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like my bone marrow is making you look older.

Joyce said...

Congrats from here! Have a great Memorial Day - as for the color of your hair - you've just become more distinguished! *grin*
Joyce

Unknown said...

God is GOOD - all the time!!!! So happy and excited! I'll hold my breath on the hair situation.. who knows... maybe it'll come back in "red"... :) (We have more fun than blondes!!!)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you get to go home and that you got good news regarding the Creatine.

Ken Brandt

stutzer said...

Hi Joel

We are so happy with your restoration. we all are priviledged to know our God and pray and be heard and be answered. So many don't know Him.
I hope you can share with your friends the mercy of The One who has the power to kep (or not) our hair over our heads.
May God bless you more and more.
Johny
Rio do Sul - Brasil

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you.

Jenne