Tuesday, May 22, 2007

BMT + 14

Situation today is similar as it has been though I have lost some fluids and weight. My platelets were down to 77 today, but white cells and hemoglolin are holding their own. Creatine was up slightly and again may be the deciding factor of whether I go home on Wed. All of these are be adjusted with other drugs at home as well as here. I do feel better today and want go home where I can get more exercise which will help to lose more fluid. I will be back to the BMT Clinic everyday for blood tests and further IVs if necessary.

I took a discharge class this afternoon and should know by about 11am if I will be discharged. It will be a day to day basis of review and decide. My wife is prepared to take days off from teaching, but would work a full day and I would leave here about 5pm.

My hair is falling out and thinning. Today, while taking a shower, it was coming in gobs, but doesn't appear too bad. I am not bald yet.

The physial therapy department signed off on my discharge after session with them this afternoon.

No comments: