Sunday, May 20, 2007

BMT + 12

Last night was my best yet for sleeping, though the heat went out. Rumor is that a major boiler failed. It was down to 66 degrees, but now warmed up to 72 now. I try to keep it set at 68, but thermostat does not control very accurately, plus the air filtering system keeps a constant airflow in the room. I sleep better when it is cooler, but I also had less noise because of less IVs. Docs are changing from IV meds to pills. Seemed like only one was running last night. Less IVs also mean less fluid retention up and less urination.

My platelets are also higher so I go back on the Lovenox anticoagulant. If I can get rid of the fluid and get an appetite back, I may be sent home this week. Then my problem will be care giver support at home and daily BMT clinic visits since my wife works until June 7 and my daughter and son will not be out of school until May 30.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing better! Hope they have fixed the heat.