Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day +9

Sorry for not posting for 4 days earlier, but I have just not the energy, plus they keep me busy. I have not had an appetite and then have had nausea most of the time. I seem to be breaking out and forcing myself to eat despite the taste. I gained at least 15 lbs of fluid and then have to take diuretics to get the fluid.

Guys, specifically, the fluid goes "everywhere" and can be very uncomfortable. It also seems that I have a urinal strapped to each hip. I have tried many setups, buy decided the best strategy is to dress lightly for quick release and always have a urinal close by. Sorry to say, I was slow on the draw a few times.

I got out of my room for some physical therapy today. Will have to walk around and do some exercises 4 times a day. Seems like they are trying to get rid of me, but just preparing for going home some time around May 30. My white cell count is up to 2200, about 1/2 of what is was when I came. Platelet count is 46 and I received another platelet infusion this evening.

Keep looking up.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

It's good to hear you are doing so well! We are looking forward to hearing about your excellent progress.

Take care.