Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Chemo going OK


My chemotherapy is going a lot better than I thought it would. After all of the chemo I mentioned earlier, I have not had any nausea. My biggest problme has been the constant need to urinate due to all the fluids, IVs and Lasix. Then with the ATG (horse serum), they had to monitor me almost continuously the first couple of hours. When I had to rush to the bathroom, I was tangled up in all the blood pressure, finger cuff and temperature lines. I finally just got a couple of extra urinals to keep by the bed so I did not need to get disconnected and reconnected each time. I am still getting a slow dose of ATG, but the next one at 11 pm will be speeded up since I have tolerated that as well. Now just waiting for my hair to fall out.

My wife said the picture that I posted last time was pretty grim, so I have attached a better one. I really am in good spirits. This picture was from from last using the Mac PhotoBooth distortion capability.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it the horse serum that makes you look like that!??!?? LOL

Praying you stay nausea free and "tangle" free for "potty breaks".... :)

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Like the photo! It's great that you can keep your sense of humor as you go through this. Hope thatthings continue to go well. Marge

Charlotte Fruehauf said...

Hi Joel,
Good to hear that as of last night, you weren't nauseated. When I saw your picture, I thought "The chemo did it!!!" Glad to see you still have a sense of humor. That will help in your recovery. I will be calling you soon. My love to you and Marilyn and the family.
Love and prayers,
Charlotte

Joyce said...

*chortle*

Like the photo a lot!

Stay well!