Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Day 0 BMT

I have a few rough days where I did not even think about posting my status. My wife posted on The CaringBridge site and I have yalked to many of you and appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers.

The first part of the BMT took place this evening after my brother donated his stem cells earlier. He said that they only harvested about 80% of what they needed so will be back tomorrow. The first transfusion has caused no side effects yet and I am feeling pretty good. I survived a bout of premature artial contractions yesterday and more nauusa today.

My family had a prayer service for me from 5 to 6pm today while I listened to a great CD from an angel at our church. People from all around the world were praying, even people of Brazil. I could feel the power of God taking holding the BMT. It is the start of a new life, a new birth. That it continues tomorrow is even more symbolic. I am 59 years old on 5/9.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. We have all been thinking of you and praying for you and will continue to do so as you continue the procedure today. Marge

Anonymous said...

Joel!

Glad you are doing so well! Your struggles are inspirational. You have chosen life and you WILL succeed. Keep it up. I am praying for you everyday.

Joe Moorman

Unknown said...

(Just in case you don't read your CB guestbook today... I repeat...)

What this birthday is all about....

Jeremiah 31:4, "I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt.. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful."

(Do you know how to dance?) :-)

Praying and waiting with you!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the prayer service as I had to work late. I am praying for you every day and know that the Lord Jesus is watching over you.

Love,
Mark Oswood

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joel! We were going to get you a present but then when we consider what your brother and family have given you we can't come close to those gifts. We are all monitoring your progress and pulling for you all in our own ways.
John L.

Joyce said...

Happy birthday Joel! We're thinking of you. Wishing and praying for the best.