Tuesday, May 29, 2007

BMT + 21

It has been three weeks since the the BMT and 4th day home from the hospital. It was Bone Marrow Biopsy day, the sixth one that I have had. This one was the longest and most uncomfortable because of my position on my nauseated stomach for over an hour, plus numbness forming in my neck, hand and feet. There is a a lot of scar tissue in my hip bones and it is getting more difficult to get a good sample. They had to drill into my hip bone three times. The pathologist who is going to examine the marrow did the procedure so we know he got a good sample.

I also had another platelet infusion as a precaution against bleeding. It is still uncertain whether the BMT will also cure my anti-phospholipid syndrome problem. blood counts were about the same and I lost another 2 lbs of fluid. From the max of about 20 lbs fluid gain, I have about 4 left to lose.

I take about 49 pills a day plus one injection. The cyclosporine (GenGraf) was reduced from 250 mg to 200 mg twice a day. I take pills about 6 times a day, trying to eat some before each session.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as though you had a tough and challenging day. Glad the doctor got a good sample and that you are continuing to lose the fluid. Hope you can relax and get some rest. Marge