Sunday, February 19, 2006

Son Shine

While I didn't sleep real well last night and woke up last at 8:30
am, I was greeted by the sun shining brightly through the bedroom
window. It reminded me of the many times that my father had said to
me "The sun is always shining". "It is just that sometimes the
clouds get in the way". The weather here has been very cold with
morning temperatures of about 13 degrees below zero yesterday. But
then the thermometer outside my bedroom window is on the south side
of the house in the sunshine. As the sun came up yesterday, I
noticed the temperature rose rapidly as the sun struck the
thermometer. I have also noticed how the interior of my car will be
toasty warm in the winter even though the air temperature outside is
freezing. It is the same with God's son. He is always there ready
to support and sustain us through the Holy Spirit. It is just
sometimes our other troubles get in the way.

As I started writing this morning, I was watching the "Hour of Power"
which I have recorded on my computer earlier in the morning. Robert
Schuller, Jr., was preaching about David and Goliath. In his final
wrap-up of the sermon, he said "Remember that it is not how we die,
because every single one of us will die. It is how we live that
counts and it is what happens in us that is far more important than
what happens to us. God has given us the will and power to overcome
any Goliath that we face in our life today. You can do it with God."

Let the son shine in your life!

No comments: