Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Beginning

In April of 2004, I had no idea what was ahead for me relative to my health. I had a routine physical at my local clinic with no problems. In May, I noticed that I had bad canker sores that seemed to replace the previous ones as they healed. In August, I had phlebitis, first undiagnosed in my left leg and then within a week more if my right leg. The second case was diagnosed as superficial phlebitis and treated with heating pad.

During all this period, I noticed that I was getting breathless, even after minor exertion such as climbing a flight of stairs. In October while raking leaves, I noticed being more tired and then that my right knee really hurt afterwards. I have had arthritis problems for many years and had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee twice, latest in 2002. My orthopedist recommended knee replacement surgery, which was scheduled for November 10.

No comments: