Tuesday, February 14, 2006

No transfusion needed

When I got up this morning, I thought I needed another blood transfusion. I have said in the past that I can tell when I do and have been right the last five times. Today was different.

I have been sleeping pretty well at night over the past week, but noticed I was somewhat tired at work on Friday and over the weekend. I also noticed that I had less endurance before getting short of breath. Last night I got about six hours sleep before getting up about 6 am. I worked about an hour at home before going into work about 8:15 am. When I got to work, I called the triage center and arranged for a blood test around 10 am. My hemoglobin level was at 8.8, essentially unchanged over the past two weeks. White cell count was up a little to 17,200. I felt encouraged after talking briefly with Dr who reduced Prednisone to 40mg per day. I went back to work and then came home early to rest.

Seems like the effect of the Prednisone interferes with my sense of hemoglobin level. I am scheduled for the next blood test in one week.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Dad, sorry it took me so long to find read your blog. I'm glad you didn't need a blood transfusion yesterday.