Thursday, February 09, 2006

Anagrelide, Blood changed

After switching to the AG, I experienced headaches, pulse pounding and even vision pulsing. The AG dose was reduced to just one .5mg per day and became tolerable. Unfortunately, the effects of the HU must have hung on while the Procrit had not kicked in. My Hb dropped further to 6.4 and my platelets reached a low of 331. I required 3 units of blood this time, less than two weeks after the last transfusion of 2 units.

Whereas the blood was matched previously in a few hours, it took 8 hours to match and the transfusion had to be continued the following day. Since the last transfusion, the blood bank reported that my blood type had changed from A+ to A- and that I now had antigens D & E as well. Later the blood bank reported antigen C as well.

No comments: