Sunday, March 12, 2006

High Speed Internet

The drips continue, but I don't look at them as much. I got my laptop to work in high speed wireless mode through the University Hospital network. I had tried on Friday, failed and called the U help desk. Since it was late, they referred me to others twice and I never heard back.

This afternoon, I tried connecting to my office network and it worked for a while. The error message indicated they were working on some network stuff there, unless they thought I was a hacker and blocked me. Anyway, I then set the name server to the one that I use from home and everything worked. I ran my standard speed test and found that it was running at close to 10 Mbps, 2 to 3 times as fast as I get at home. I may have to come back here just for the fast internet. Really, it will make things much more tolerable when I come back for another transfusion.

The last bag of ivIgG (or IGIV) is just about through and then I can go home. I probably will take a few days vacation this week while both Marilyn and Andrew have spring break. Not sure when I will have a better time to use vacation later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great that you were able to get connected so you can use your laptop during these transfusions. It can make a big difference if you have something interesting to read or do. I remember a few years back I was fortunate enough to have an absolutely riveting book with me when I went to the Mayo to have a colonoscopy. I was so absorbed in the book that I hardly noticed the grueling preparations for the procedure. If I only I could be so fortunate for every medical procedure in the future! Hope you will be so fortunate, too. M.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed lunch with Marilyn, Anna, and Andrew. Andrew did a great job in helping me understand your illness better. I believe he will make a great Doctor.

Ken Brandt

Rev. Christopher Byars said...

I hope that everything is going better for you today! Are you home?