Friday, July 28, 2006

Another transfusion

As expected, I needed another blood transfusion this week. After getting back from the lake on Monday and feeling drug out, I went for a blood test on Tuesday, a day early. My Hgb was at 8.5 so I was back in on Wed for 2 units of "red blood cells, leuko reduced and irradiated", the typical fare. My white cells and platelets were essentially unchanged in the normal ranges. I did not have my blood clotting checked, but will next week.

I went back to work 4 hours after the transfusion, but then on Thurs after lunch, I felt tired and went home to bed for the afternoon. Today, I felt fine and worked 9 hours. Tomorrow, I need to work on the 97 Malibu's front suspension which appears to have broken a spring.

Overall, it does not appear that the Rituxan is working, but will give it another 4 weeks before discussing a possible BMT.

I visited my mother at the nursing home on Wed and Thurs nights. She now has a bladder infection, but seemed to be more alert last night. When I got there, she was getting a shower and then stayed up until 9 pm with me while we watched "America's got talent" on TV. I did not make it there this evening, but instead got Marilyn's computer data recovered from her burned out eMac. That's another story that I plan to put on my neglected Njerd blog.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Well I'm glad you got her data back, I'm sure mom is relieved about that!