Thursday, August 03, 2006

Cycle Continues

Not much to write today, except for status on blood counts. Hgb is back down to 9.3 again, same as it was two weeks ago. After the blood transfusion, it probably went up to about 10.3 and then dropped a point during the week. A very typical cycle. I could have scheduled a blood transfusion for Friday, but planned to go to the lake cabin again, so that's what I am doing. When I get back on Monday, I will have my blood cross matched for a transfusion, probably on Wednesday.

My other blood factors remain about the same in normal ranges and prescriptions are same as well. Seems like just another week closer to a decision on a bone marrow transplant. Not sure how long I can keep up this cycle of transfusions, but while I do, the risks of a BMT increase.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you can get to the lake!
Ken Brandt

Anonymous said...

I am standing by for the BMT if necessary.
We pray things will change for the better in the meantime.
Big Brother