Friday, August 18, 2006

Weekly update

Well, I had my blood tested on Wed with expected results. Hemoglobin is 9.5 with other components essentially unchanged. After the blood transfusion last week, it has probably dropped a point and will drop more by next week. I expect to see about 8.5 next Wed and get another blood transfusion. I also worked a full 40 hours this week, though had to come home for a quick nap this morning and take another when I got home this evening. I was also very itchy when I went to bed last night and woke up several times this last week with terrible leg pains. I have had a recurrence of canker sores and also frequent pimple-like sores that linger for weeks. These symptoms are typical of MPDs.

I also have an appointment with my hematologist on Wed and hopefully will get some direction on where we go from here. Not sure how much longer I can keep up these transfusions before I get iron overload or some other complication. (Interestingly, Marilyn is low on iron and will get extra through IV on Sept 1.) Maybe it is time to get on with the BMT. Certainly there will be a barrage of tests to check my health and the condition of my bone marrow.

No comments: