Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Delayed Status

Sorry that it has been 11 days since the last entry, but life has been slow. The Summer is half over and we are half-baked with about a full week of 90+ degree weather. It was actually 100 on our thermometer a couple of days. We finally got about an inch of rain and temperatures back in the 70s. Forecast looks more moderate for the weekend when Andrew and I will be up at the cabin. I pick him up from Bible camp on Friday and we head up to stay until Monday.

My energy is marginal for the weekend since my hemoglobin was 9.3 today, not quite low enough for a blood transfusion which I certainly will need next week. It only has been 13 days since the last transfusion and my Hgb only dropped from 10.0 last week. Maybe the Rituxan is taking effect and next week will be a good indication. My other counts are in the normal range with white cells at 4.9 and platelets at 436. Last week, my clotting Factor 2 was right on target at 20 so I am not getting it checked every week.

Since I reported on July 5, my mother has been moved to a nursing home and is doing well. She is now getting around some with a walker and had the catheter removed today. We played Scrabble Friday night and went to the chapel service on Sunday morning. When I left this evening she prayed for many people by name, mentioning facts in their lifes that we had discussed recently. May God bless her and give us some more time to enjoy her company.

No comments: