Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Blood Needed - Mom OK

I was in for my third Rituxan IV this morning at 7:30 am. Finished at 11:30 and was back to a meeting at work by noon. Worked two hours through VPN network this morning and six this afternoon. My weekly bloodtest showed an Hgb level of 9.1. It was 8.2 last Wednesday causing me to have a blood transfusion last Friday. It may have dropped to 7.8 or less by Friday and possibly increased to about 10 after the transfusion. Anyway, I will have another blood transfusion tomorrow, making it the shortest time (six days) between transfusions, not considering when I received 4 units over 1 to 2 days in the hospital. Each transfusion is normally 2 units, making this 35 total units over 17 transfusions since June 2004. Trying to keep the average Hgb higher, especially since I would like to go to the lake cabin on Friday.

While I was getting my IV, my mother was getting a stent put into her right carotid artery. Everything worked out OK and they even were able to retrieve the remainder of the old clot during the procedure. Thank God for an answer to prayers. I am heading out to visit her right after posting this blog entry.

No comments: