Thursday, May 04, 2006

IgG but blood still needed

I was in for another IgG IV today and also had a blood test. Turns out my Hgb was down to 8.2 so need to go back tomorrow for blood typing and have another blood transfusion on Monday. My platelets were now down to 441 which is within the normal range. My Factor 2 for clotting was 28, a little high so had to take extra coumadin tonight. The IgG along with low Hgb made me so tired that I went home and took a three hour nap.

I was able to work on my laptop through the wireless network at the day hospital so only took 1/2 day of sick time. Over the past 12 months, I have taken about 130 hours of sick time. This has been minimized only by working 9 or more hours on days that I did not have a medical appointment.

I have kept a log of all medical events over the last several years. The log has 147 entries. I had 70 entries for all of last year and already have had 40 so far this year. While I cannot complain about a lot of pain and generally feel good, I am getting tired of an average of 2.5 appointments per week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are still able to work. The way you "hang in there" is really impressive.

Ken Brandt

Anonymous said...

Keeping the log may prove useful for future medical research.
Anyway You can name it III Chronicles and call it a Bible story.

Anna said...

that's a lot of doctors appts. we've switched, now i don't go to the doctor as much. i used to go the equivalent of every week to see someone i think i figured out once.