Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Don't Do That!

There is an old joke by Henny Youngman that goes:
The patient says "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Then don't do that!"

That's essentially what the neurosurgeon told me today after looking at the MRI of my neck. I have numbness in my neck since back in March. He looked at the MRI, said that he did see arthritis bone spurs, but did not see any that could be causing the numbness. Since it only goes numb in certain positions, he suggested that I avoid those positions.

You may remember that my hematologist thought it was shingles back on March 29. Then I saw an orthopedist on April 13th that said he could not do anything about the arthritis in my knees and that he didn't do necks. The orthopedist could have used another one of Henny's jokes:
"Doctor, my leg hurts. What can I do?" The doctor says "Limp!"

I think both doctor's are not going to do any elective surgery because of my blood clotting problems. Both problems are minor annoyances compared to bigger blood problems.

My hematologist said I don't need another blood test this week and can travel to Michigan this weekend. Just have to get out and stretch every 90 minutes. Next appointment is June 1 for another IgG.

No comments: