Thursday, May 18, 2006

Rewind two weeks

Well, I am right back to where I was two weeks ago. Had an IgG IV today, but the blood test showed my Hgb was down to 8.4. Exactly two weeks ago I had an IgG IV and Hgb was 8.2. So today they took more blood to test and I have to go in tomorrow to give more blood for a cross match. I will back in at 7am Monday for more blood. Not sure on the other blood factors, but no one has instructed me to change medications. Doesn't seem like this IgG is helping any.

I have now had 14 transfusions, 29 units of blood on an average for every 32 days in the last year. Average this year is every 22 days. Shortest time between transfusions was 12 days in September, then the longest was 112 days from then until January. I had just started Procrit in August so it probably just started working in September and may now have lost its effectiveness.

What's next? Maybe a BMT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the news.
When do you see the doctor again to check plans?
We will ask Dr. Jesus for wisdom and healing.