Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Home again

I just got home from the hospital. Marilyn picked me up about 4:15 and we stopped by McDonald's for a Flurry. First thing I did when I got home was to water my bushes. All of the storms on Memorial Day missed us here though maybe we will now get some rain tonight.

On the health front, my temp is 98.6. It was 101.8 early this morning, but reduced by Tylenol to 99 by 11am. White cell count was down to 11,000 from 26,000 on Sunday. I am on an oral antibiotic to finish off the pneumonia. My Hgb was down to 8.4 and the hospital doc thought they would give me blood this afternoon. He was surprised when I said no, because it would take at least a day to get a blood match. Then they were going to do it Thurs PM after my IgG IV in the morning. I then called the Hematologist office and they postponed it all until Friday.

I connected my computer to the office and worked about 3 hrs remote today. If I feel ok in the morning, I will go into work. If get tired, I will come home for a nap and possibly work more remote later. Of course, I can work from the day hospital on Friday as well, to minimize taking sick leave. Seems like I always get sick on a weekend or holiday, but that does minimize using sick leave. Actually, if I take more than 3 days sick leave spanning before and after a holiday, the holiday is counted as sick leave as well. That happened to me over Thanksgiving back in 2004.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing better. It sure is bad luck when you have to take sick leave during holidays.

Ken Brandt

Anonymous said...

We are so glad you are feeling better and are home again. That is great that the antibiotics worked so well. Marge