Friday, June 02, 2006

Last IgG

Since my last entry on Wed, I worked for 5 hrs on Thursday before getting tired. I came home for a nap and then spent a couple of hours cleaning maple spinner seeds out of the gutters and front lawn. I did not feel too bad though did not sleep very well last night. This morning I was up at 5:30am and the day hospital by 7:30am. I had both an IgG IV and two units of blood while getting in a couple of hours of work remote using my laptop. Would have done more, but did not have much to work on. Not much activity at work either on a Friday afternoon.

My blood analysis was all positive today. White cell count was down to 8100 from 26000 on Sunday. Hgb was surprisingly at 8.7 before the transfusion so should be 10.5 or more now. It was 8.4 on Wed, but may have been diluted by all the fluids they were dripping in me. My platelets were down to 259, right in middle of normal range of 150 to 450.

My hematologist stopped by at noon for a quick visit. Anyway, he said that the IgG seemed to be ineffective since I was now having transfusions every two weeks. So no more IgG. Also since my platelets are back under control, he reduced the Anagrelide to one .5mg pill a day. This essentially puts me back to January when we started experimenting with Prednisone, variations on the AG and IgG. Only difference is Levaquin antibiotic I take for the next week. I have a monthly appt with him next Wed when we will regroup and decide what to do next.

It was also great to have my sister and mother stop by for a short visit after lunch to break up the monotony. It was another 9 hour day watching drips after 72 hours of the same earlier this week.

2 comments:

Anna said...

dad, your blog name is kind of hard to remember. I can never get it right. so I'm going to link to it from my blog so that I don't lose it again.

Anonymous said...

I admire your spirit and stamina, and my prayers continue to be with you. EB