Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Good week

It has been a good week after a little vacation at the lake cabin near Bemidji. Went up Saturday and came back on Monday, missing the traffic. Beautiful evenings with the full moon over the lake. We beat back the lawn and weeds with surprisingly no mosquitos or wood ticks to bother us. Though it was cold with a high of about 65 degrees, the water temperature was 70 and I took a quick dip to wash up on Monday morning.

My blood test yesterday was pretty good as well. My hgb was still up at 10.8 and my platelets had reduced to 643. White cells and Factor 2 were in normal ranges. I talked with the doctor today and will be scheduling the Rituxan IV treatments for 4 weeks starting next week. I have read a little about it, noting about a 40% success rate with a small study for anemia at Mayo Clinic. It has been used with 730,000 patients over 8 years, but a few have had fatal reactions during the first dose. I have a good history of no allergic reactions to medications yet, so it is worth a try. Your prayers are appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joel,
Glad to hear you've had a good week. I continue to pray for you and the family. I am leaving for our AFLC annual conference in the Seattle area on Monday morning and return on Saturday. Pray for me as I have a lot of responsibility there. Happy Father's Day!
Love,
Charlotte