Saturday, June 17, 2006

More Rituxan Info

In researching background materials relative to my upcoming Rituxan treatment, I came across a great web site, named CLL Topics, covering CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) but also has information about Stem Cell Transplants and Rituxan treatments. It also has warnings about the Procrit that I have been taking for the last ten months. Please note that a lot of this relates to patients with leukemia or tumors, neither of which I have. My white cell count was back down to 5.3 billion per liter last week where the normal range is 4 to 11.

My main problem now is AIHA (Auto-Immune Hemolytic Anemia) that is requiring my frequent blood transfusions. The article that brought me this web site included Rituxan treatment for AIHA, plus also describes previous treatments of prednisone and IgG that I have had. Easier reading than most of this stuff if you are interested.

My Rituxan treatment starts Wednesday at 7:30 am. It was originally scheduled at noon, but they wanted more time to observe me before letting me go home. I may be there all day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure hope this works!

Ken Brandt

Anonymous said...

Joel, We will be thinking of you and praying that all will go well. Marge