Friday, April 14, 2006

Don't do necks

Well after living with my achy neck for three weeks, I thought I might get some relief. Hematologist referred me to orthopedist since I have had more knee and neck pain. I saw U of MN orthopedist yesterday. Nurse had me put on bright red shorts during x-rays of my knees. She joked that patients don't walk out with them anymore.

When Dr came in and saw my blood results, he said there was nothing to be done. Scared him away and no potential for expensive knee replacement. He said they could give me a cortisone shot in my knee, but I don't let it get that bad. I suppose if I did overwork it and it got inflamed and swollen, that might be an option. But my big disappointment was that he did not do necks. Would not even look at it. Referred me to another Dr in the same who could not see me until May 31 since I was a new patient. I told them I had neck pain for over 3 weeks already, would not wait that long and walked out.

I came back to my office and called my family doctor. I thought it might be good time to get a general practitioner to review what I was going through and see if my records were being sent back there as well. I had an appointment this afternoon and noted that they were up-to-date with medical reports sent from the Univ Med Center. I now have an MRI of my neck scheduled on Monday. Maybe I need some therapy which I could get locally. Getting tired of going to appointments; third time this week, week is not over and not looking better next week.

No comments: