Friday, June 03, 2011

Blood counts back up

I have had 2 clinic appointments this week and can report that I am feeling much better.  I was dragging on Tuesday morning but perked up after my appt.  My white cell and platelet counts were down so I had another appt on Thursday where both were going back up.  Did not need a platelet transfusion as I had feared.

I still have a lot of bruising from all the needle pricks at the hospital and subsequent injections that I give myself.  I check my blood glucose 4 times a day and give myself an insulin shot at least 4 times.  I also need a daily injection of Lovenox to thin my blood following the Atrial Fibrillation last month. Hopefully, I can get back on Coumadin soon.

The incision from my dual port is healing well, but the superglue still hinders its use. Hopefully, the glue will continue to come off so that the ports can be used for my second round of chemo on Monday.

In the meantime, I am gaining strength.  I have worked in the yard and garage, shopped for groceries, recycled fluorescent light bulbs, fixing stuff around the house and generally doing everything I could a couple of months ago.  My son has been great in getting the lawn mowed and helping with any heavy lifting.

Your prayers are valued as I have the next round of chemo.

No comments: