Monday, June 06, 2011

Chemo #2

I had my second round of chemo this morning and am feeling fine.  Only slept 4 hours last night and needed a nap this afternoon.  The last of the superglue came off my incision with a little encouragement last night.  I was there at 8:30 am and started with premeds, Benedryl and Tylenol and vital signs.  They used the new ports for which I was glad are dual ported.  The first try could flush but not withdraw blood so they put heparin in and used the second port which worked well.  They later were able to clear the first port later.  The infusion of the four drugs, ABVD, took about 2 hours.  We stayed a little while to see if I would have any reaction like the first time, but lucked out and we were back home by 4:30 pm.  It was good to have my wife along for support, but I should be able to drive myself next time.

The new meds are affecting my sleep, averaging about 4 hrs at night with a one hr nap during the day.  I am up before my wife and working around the house.  I pretty much have the routine of testing my blood, counting carbs and giving my insulin and Lovenox injections.  Have to take a couple of extra drugs at home over the next three days.

Keep looking up!

No comments: