Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hair & Mouth

Well, the chemo is finally taking it toll on my hair.  Every time I brush more comes out.  Four years ago only the dark hairs fell out and I was left with wispy grey hairs, but I never lost it all or shaved it off.  Just waiting to see how it looks.

My other complication is mouth sores primarily on my tongue and front lip.  My sister recommended a combination of 1 Tbsp molasses and 1/2 an orange.  I tried that last night but didn't taste too good and not sure how to take it.  Today, my neighbor mentioned Tea Tree Oil which seems to be an Australian cure for everything.  This afternoon I tried a mouthwash of the stuff and will see if it helps tonight.

Otherwise, I seem to be doing fine.  I will back to the clinic on Tues to check how my blood counts are holding up.

No comments: