Saturday, March 08, 2008

Aches & Pains

It has been a miserable week. Started out ok with an INR that was done locally, saving a trip to the BMT Clinic. I am also getting my prescriptions at the local Walgreen's since my BMT Clinic visits are about once a month. My INR was 4.2, high above the target range of 1.5 to 2 so I skipped 2 days of warfarin and reduced the dosage some more. I will get that checked again on Wednesday.

Maybe unrelated to that, I started getting pains in my joints on Wed. The pain moved around from my left shoulder, to my knees, my right elbow and my left jaw. The left jaw pain became an ear ache as well and I could not chew without sharp pains in my jaw. On Thursday I talked to a BMT Dr who advised me to take some Levaquin antibiotic which I have in my "home" pharmacy. I last took it in January after taking it for 8 months. It seemed to do some good, eliminating most of the joint pain and reducing the ear pain. Maybe just a coincidence since yesterday the pains moved to my right ear and left elbow. The elbow pains may be related to my lying more on the side opposite my primary ear pain. Seems to be clearing up some this morning though I am tired since I didn't sleep very well the last few days.

I see my primary BMT Dr on Monday when I will ask him whether these pains are related to my going completely off of prednisone last Sunday. My recent strange, loose stools may also be related though I have not eaten much solid food with my aching jaw. It seems like some tomato soup that I had on Thursday went right on through so my digestion is not working correctly. I hope I am not reverting back to the GvHD of the gut that I had last June and July. I lost 65 lbs at that time, but have gained back about 20 lbs. I would just as soon keep off the weight, but not this way.

Anyway, your prayers are appreciated. Keep looking up.

No comments: