Tuesday, February 26, 2008

INR & Peer Gynt

Things are slow on the medical front. I was in for another INR (blood clotting) test yesterday and learned today that I have to reduce my Coumadin some more. I will have another INR test next Monday and then my next Dr appt on March 10.

Last Saturday, my son and I went to a play named "Peer Gynt" at the Guthrie Theatre. A good review of the history of the play can be found at Wikipedia. This is a play written by a 19th century Norwegian and most of it takes place in Norway. Portions take place in the Sahara desert and on the ocean. The Guthrie had a unique way to portray the sand dunes and waves with an undulating floor. (Note that YouTube has a couple of other videos of the floor, as well.)

Peer is a story teller that lives in a fantasy world. In the end he meets the "button moulder" who claims that Peer has not been himself and his soul must be melted down because he has no list of sins. I cannot say that I understand it all, but would enjoy reading the script for the play. The only version I have found so far in in Norwegian.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I recall Peer Gynt from several years ago. I think the burning boat burned more than it should at least at one performance.