Monday, June 18, 2007

Day +41

Hopefully, I can get a status post out more frequently, but it seems like weekly now. It has been 41 days since the BMT and I may be in a GvHD phase now. Last week, I had three appointments and spent over 14 hours at the clinic. Thursday stretched out with a decision to give me fluids and a blood transfusion. My regular Dr is on vacation so the PA thought they could get the blood in before we left for the day. The blood bank reported back that they still needed more time to match my blood because I still have the extra antigens that existed before the BMT. It is unknown whether those will be eventually cleared up. So we were back in on Friday for another 4 hours. Both the fluid and blood have perked me up some over the weekend

There have been no results of the stool sample from last Thursday and I have an endoscopy scheduled for tomorrow. Both of these should answer part of the GvHD question.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am sorry to hear about all of the hours you are having to spend in a medical environment. Hope the tests will be helpful in figuring out what is going on. You have come a long way and have shown great courage to have gotten this far. Marge

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that the news isn't better, but I am glad it isn't worse.

Ken Brandt