Saturday, June 02, 2007

BMT + 25

Well, its Saturday and I did not have to go to the Dr today. Yesterday, the Dr said that everything was normal, at least as good as expected for me at this time. My hemoglobin and platelets are still below that for an average person, but still where they should be for a BMT patient. Of course, as long as I am taking all these pills, it is a propped up normal. They gave me more magnesium on Thursday but did not need to on Friday. I get the day off tomorrow as well.

The negative of not going into the clinic is that we have to flush my central line at home. Andrew did it this afternoon, but I was a little nervous.

On Friday after my appointment, one of the clinic Drs asked me to talk to a patient who had completed a week of tests to qualify him for a BMT, but was still not committed to moving ahead next week. This young man discovered he had myelofibrosis last Sept. He has an unrelated donor, but is getting a mini-BMT similar to mine. I related my experiences and directed him and his wife to this blog for further details. I also suggested that they setup a CaringBridge site. I gave credit to God and the power of prayer. Please pray for Keith as well since he decided to move ahead with the BMT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are going well and that you are helping others who may be able to benefit from your life experience. We will pray for Keith and his family and wish him and his family well as he undertakes a similar journey.

Anonymous said...

I hope this comment records OK -- Just want you to know that we are all praying for you -- So glad you are home, and that A and A are home now, too, to help. Glad you are getting to take a couple of days off from doctor visits -- It must be so good to be home--We will pray for Keith, too. I'm sure you are a great source of help and encouragement to him!
BJB and family