Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day + 63

Well, I went down hill after Friday and had to go into clinic on Monday for some more magnesium and fluids. This helped me some but now I get more blood on Wed. I saw the Dr again today and will again on Thurs.

Other than hemoglobin, my blood counts are ok. Dr. also reported that my last bone marrow biopsy looked good with all cell lines growing well and still showing engraftment. Since none of the tests confirm any acute GvHD, the Dr ordered a lip biopsy which was done this afternoon in the Dermatology Clinic. They took a piece of salvia glnd from inner lower lip and a sample of some flaky skin. They also examined my whole body for anything suspicious.

Dr. thinks that I may have chronic GvHD which normally occurs after 100 days. If it is cGvHD, treatment would probably be Prednizone and could continue for several years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We talked about this yesterday. But several years on prednizone could have side effects, right?
We keep praying. "In God we trust".

Joyce said...

May I be a little left handed humourous? In God we Trust (and in Rome we pay our bills.) Thus to God those items that God desires, and money makes the World go around.

I'm hoping that several years of prednizone is the worst that happens in your progress! (I'll toast you with 8 glasses of water,)

Take Care

Joyce