Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Day + 56

Well, the GvHD question is open again. I was in for an appt this morning after generally not feeling too good the last few days. I have been fighting bouts of diarrhea on Sunday and Monday, but am thankful clear at the moment. Didn't sleep very well last night because of dry mouth.

My creatinine has been high due to the diarrhea and lack of kidney function so I still try to drink at least 8 cups of water a day. I essentially have no appetite but try to eat a variety of food, never able to finish even 1/2 a normal portion. The clinic gave me more magnesium and fluids IVs today. I was told to come in Thursday as well if I have more diarrhea and dry mouth.

Any way, I had a stool sample, a urine sample, and a chest x-ray plus special blood cultures taken. X-ray was ok; no fluid in lungs. I go in Friday at 7:30am for a sigmoidoscopy followed by another bone marrow biopsy. I also had a Schirmer test for dryness in my eyes. This is done by placing a piece of paper under the lower eye lid and measuring how many tears are produced.

I look forward to my July 10th appt to get the results of all these tests and determine what we do next.

Keep looking up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We keep praying for the correct diagnosis, so the doctors can treat these problems. On this July 4th let's declsre our dependence on God and give Him the glory.

Anonymous said...

We continue to lift you up in prayer. we will share this with our Brazil team. we are sharing in our classes about our independence on this 4th of July but we are also sharing of our dependence on God and the freedom he gives us from the power of sin in our lives, to live our lives for Him and for His glory. May God be praised now and forever.

your little sister in Brazil

Joyce said...

Ah Joel - I've been wishing, hoping and praying that you were doing well. However diets of 90 pills a day and not interested in the pleasures of chocolate while required to drink 8 cups of water leaves me hoping that tomorrow will be better!

I'll watch the fireworks over Powderhorn Park and think of you.

Best,

JOyce

Anonymous said...

Hope the test results are good.
Ken Brandt

Anonymous said...

Wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you.

Jenne

Joyce said...

Thank you for your considered opinions on the televised fireworks displays. Since my tv is small and I don't have the range of technologic marvel I am in envy of you the results.

However, I too wish you could have been in Bemiji.

I'm praying for that result!

Joyce