Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Transfusion #41

My next transfusion is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. This will be #41 and 83rd unit of rbcs. My hgb was 8.8 yesterday so I am a little tired but not as bad as last week when it was a point lower. I also made it to the dentist, the lawyer, the bank and the pharmacy yesterday. I only worked 2 hours after lunch and came home for a nap. Today, I worked a full day.

I had a good trip to Scottsdale last week. Flew out on Thursday and back on Sunday. During that time I spent at least 26 hours in meetings and discussions in between. I had leg pains at night from too much standing and skipped the BBQ and star gazing out in the desert on Friday night. I am still working on the trip report, but got my expense report in and payment back in two days. Certainly a record time for me if not the company.

Countdown is 5 days to start of tests, 12 days to check into the hospital and 19 days to the actual BMT. My next post will probably be on Monday after my initial appointments.

My brother has started a series of daily scripture promises which we are posting on the Caring Bridge web site that my daughter started last November. That site also has a guestbook that you may wish to use. If you don't already know my identity, you can find out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your BMT and the recovery in the next few weeks, I am sure all will go well for you and your family.
You are going to have to invite me over to watch a game on your new wide screen.

DG