Sunday, April 22, 2007

Keep moving forward

My son and I went up to the lake cabin near Bemidji, MN, on Friday and came back today. Yesterday, we went to a movie theater in Cass Lake. It is just a single screen theater to which we like to give business. Where else can you get a movie for $3.50 and large popcorn and two medium drinks for $8.75 these days. But then you have no choice of movies so we went to see "Meet the Robinsons", an animated Disney film about a genius orphan looking for a family. Without giving up the plot, the theme was Walt Disney's own, "... We keep moving forward...". It also is very appropriate to my decision going forward with the BMT.

While we were at the lake, the ice went out. This was the first time that we experienced this since we have never been there before in April . My mother-in-law says it always happens around her birthday which was on the Thursday. It was dark when we arrived on Friday night though we had enough light to see that there was just a little open water near shore. Since we had no running water and the septic tank was still frozen solid, we went into town for breakfast and a toilet. When we came back, we could see noticeable cracks forming in the lake ice. When we got back from the movie about 3:30 pm, we saw movement in the ice. We sat down near the lake and could hear the ice cracking, see it shifting and piling up in some places along the shore. It rained over night and when I looked outside in the morning, there was an expanse of open water out about 100 feet, parallel to shore. A rock that my son threw out on the ice had moved down the shore and about 50 feet closer as well. Later as we were packing to head home, we noticed a path of open water going straight across the lake. One the cracks opened up about 100 feet wide over the space of at most 30 minutes. I have evidence of the changes in digital photos.

Since I see positive signs in many things, I see it in the open water as well. Just like Moses was parting the Red Sea. I believe the ice is going out in my medical situation. Both my wife and brother mentioned that Evel Knievel was on the "Hour of Power" this morning. The show is available on line if you wish to watch it. After many years of high and low living, he recently told the devil to get out of his life and Jesus Christ to come in. He was baptized by Dr. Schuller and followed by many other people doing the same. Has the ice gone out of your life as it has in Evel's?

Tomorrow, I start my pre-BMT tests and attend a BMT class. In one week, I check into the hospital. Check out CaringBridge as well for more posting by other members of my family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also believe the ice will go out.

Ken Brandt