Friday, December 29, 2006

Transfusion #31

I didn't expect it to be so soon, but I had another transfusion yesterday (Thursday). When I went in for my blood test and Aranesp shot on Tuesday, my Hgb was down to 9.4. The week before on Wednesday, it was 9.3 and I had a blood transfusion the following day. I really expected it to be higher this week, but ended up in the same situation as last week where my Hgb would drop below 9 by the weekend. I had no problem in getting in for a transfusion this week. Actually, the lab now draws enough blood for a type & cross match when they do the standard blood test. I am already scheduled for a transfusion next week, anticipating they will be busy after the New Year holiday.

My other blood counts are normal. I have ordered a copy of my records to take to Mayo Clinic on January 8th and look forward to making a decision of what to do next. BMT?

No comments: