Tuesday, December 05, 2006

BMB Scheduled

I was in for my weekly blood test today and learned that I am scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy (BMB) on Monday, Dec 11. Doctor wants it in prep for my appt with him on Dec 13. I think he also wants it prior to my visit to Mayo in January. The last BMB was on January 11 while I was in Fairview Hospital. My Hgb had dropped to 7.2 after over 3 months being stable at about 9.5. The BMB is the key test as to whether I need the BMT in February.

Surprisingly, my hemoglobin was 10.2 today. I would have guessed that it was closer to 9.2 considering how it has been going recently. White cell and platelet counts were normal. I will probably need a transfusion next week as well, but that is better than needing one this week. Maybe, it will get back to every other week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope things go well with the BMB.

Ken Brandt