Thursday, December 14, 2006

BMB Results Delayed

I saw the doctor yesterday, but he did not have the final results of the BMB yet. Still very similar to previous ones so far with more blasts (young cells) and fewer red blood cells. The term myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative are still being used. Will know more later and then get opinion from Mayo in about a month. Since it does appear that the RBC production has dropped since I stopped the Procrit, he prescribed Anasesp which is similar. I will get a shot every two weeks when I am in for my blood test. My BMB puncture wound is healed, at least on the outside. I have had little pain since the BMB and main discomfort was from the bandage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I agree with you that it might be a good idea to hold out for a sedative next time, even if it means that someone needs to drive you home or that you end up taking a cab, etc. M.H.