Thursday, October 25, 2007

Stable again?

I was into the Dr on Tuesday and my hemoglobin has stabilized at least for a week. After the blood transfusion a week ago, it should have gone up two points to about 10.4 and that is where is was this time as well. The transfusion was with A neg blood which may have affected the higher level as well. Since I am A pos, I can get blood from A or O, either pos or neg.

My white cell and platelet counts are somewhat low though which will also need watching. The Dr has adjusted my prednisone down a little and I have an appt again next Tuesday.

Other than that I am feeling ok. My son and I traveled to Chicago last weekend and attended a TI99 home computer faire on Saturday. The Chicago User Group sponsors this every year to share and exchange hardware and software for this 27+ year old computer. About 20 people attended with a few reporting from a similar meeting in Germany last month. There is an internet based user group of over 500 members to which I belong.

We went downtown Saturday night for Gino's famous deep dish pizza. We walked part of the Magnificent Mile shopping area, visited the Apple Computer store and paid $32 for 3 hours of parking. Sunday, we visited the Science Museum for 5 hours and then drove back to Minneapolis. Traffic in Chicago was terrible, taking us an hour just to get from downtown to the O'Hare airport area. I made it home about 12:45 AM and slept later in the morning.

No comments: