Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Further setback

I was in yesterday for a blood transfusion and a further talk with my primary Dr. I discovered that my blood cells are now 30% donor (my brothers) and 70% my original. A few months ago it was reversed and supposed the change is in the bone marrow as well. In this light, the Dr has recommended that I do not go back to work on Friday.

I also met with my employer HR and health departments, who advised me that starting work on Friday would delay the start of my LTD payments. I would have to work 60% time just to offset what LTD will pay if I am not working. So, I will be classified as a "suspended" employee and will still be part of the company group plan as far as insurance benefits are concerned. I will be billed for my share of the costs and will have to pay those out of my LTD monthly check. There are also a lot of other benefit and organizational changes going on at work so I plan to let that situation settle down and consider going back to work in early 2008. Of course, there is no guarantee that my job will be there to return to. Hopefully, by then, my medical situation will be figured out as well.

Your prayers and support are still appreciated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad to hear this. CS Lewis says "God whispers to us during our pleasures, but shouts to us during our pain". Let us make this disappointment be a God appointment. May God draw us together again in prayer. We said no matter what happens we will give God the Glory. God give us the faith to trust You more.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that things are not going as well as hoped. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers as you deal with what must be difficult and stressful insurance/work-related issues as well. We are thinking of you and praying for you and the family--
BJB and Family

Anonymous said...

We are so sad to hear the results of our bone marrow. We continue to hold you up in our prayers. As big brother said we will give God the glory and look to God to give us faith to trust him more.
Your little sister.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jenne

Joyce said...

We miss you here, and I'm praying that you get better and can return.

Joyce