Monday, September 03, 2007

Day 115

These postings are getting further between since I have little to report on my health. Everything is pretty stable and it is two weeks between appointments now. My last was on Aug 28th so next is on Sept 11. My blood counts are good with hemoglobin staying above 11 (11.4 at last test). Dr is still concerned about seeing some hemolysis so it should be higher. They are also watching my urine since some blood and protein were noticed a few weeks ago. I have now reduced my prednisone to 90mg every other day from the every day when I started on it.

We made it to the lake cabin near Bemidji the week before last. It was a nice trip though I could not do a lot that I would have liked to. We did have to cut up a large tree that had fallen across the lane. Just fun to be there with the whole family.

I made it to church again yesterday. It was the first day of the month and communion. It reminded me of the blood and body of Christ being similar to the blood and bone marrow received from my brother. Together, they make a miracle of extended life on this earth plus external life after that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better and that all of you enjoyed yourselves at the lake.

Ken Brandt

Joyce said...

Return to us!

good to know you're improving though.

Joyce