Saturday, September 22, 2007

Day 136

It has been a few days since my last Dr appt on Tuesday. My hemoglobin has dropped from a high of 11.5 on August 21 to 10.2 on Tuesday. Dr is still concerned about hemolysis (breakdown of red blood cells) but sees less jaundice in my eyes. He has added folic acid back to my medicine list. I took folic acid for several years, but stopped when I entered the hospital in May. I have also transitioned off the GenGraf and MMF, reduced Prednisone and started back on Bactrium. I am not sure if it associated but my appetite has reduced and taste has changed.

I have applied for both LTD (long term disability) from Aetna and Social Security Disability. I heard back from both about questions and their initial positive impressions. My short term disability from my employer ends on October 18th and, if approved, Aetna LTD would start October 28th. The SSD will take several months and will only offset part of the Aetna LTD. I will discuss possibly working part-time with my Dr at my next appt on Oct 2. The next month will be a time of some major changes either in my daily activity and/or income level.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I wonder how you're doing?

Joyce