Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Getting closer

I met with my Dr today and we talked again about scheduling the BMT. He called the BMT clinic to get things rolling. I need to call them tomorrow and start deciding on the details. In general, it may start the week of April 16th with about a full week of various physical tests to assure that my health is good enough to proceed. The BMT may be close to my 59th birthday on May 9th.

On the current front, my Hgb was 10.6 today so I don't need a transfusion this week. I have one scheduled now for next Tuesday, a span of 12 days since the last. But since the last was a little early at 7 days, the average interval of about 10 days should continue. My other blood counts are normal.

I thought for sure that I needed a transfusion this week since I was so tired. I went to bed at 7:30 last night, slept until midnight, watched TV for a couple of hours and then slept until 6:30 am. I was still tired most of today. But then, fatigue is part of this disease.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you still counting on BB to be the donor? Do I need an exam soon?
You are in our prayers.