Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Blurry vision

My Hgb was 10.1 today so I will try and make it until next week for my next transfusion. My other counts were normal, but then my eyesight was a little blurred this morning. I didn't notice anything at breakfast reading the newspaper, but when I got to work I had a hard time focusing on my computer screen. I noticed some problems last week as well.

I called and got right into the eye doctor who said she did not find any problems though I was still having problems focusing there. The thought was that maybe my eyes were dry so she gave me some sample eye drops to try. Of course, she dilated my right pupil which really caused blurry vision. Thankfully, it was an overcast day as I drove to get my blood test. I then went back to work and sat in a meeting for an hour. It cleared up OK and did not bother me for the rest of the day. Though my prescription did not change, I will get new glasses through our work optician, safety lenses free and $40 frames. I could spend more, but am not fashion conscious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could it be something simple as auroras - diamonds floating across the eye. I get those and then I can't see clearly for awhile. These are a precursor to a headache which can be prevented by immediately taking an aspirin.
Or it could be cataracts. I started to have trouble reading fine print that became fuzzy. I had cataracts removed by removing lens in my eyes and replaced with artificial ones. Eye are back to normal now.