Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mayo Appointment

My procrastination is over. I finally made an appointment with Dr Alalew Tefferi at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN on January 8. I could have gotten in as early as December 20, but delayed until January. This way I should be able to have one bone marrow biopsy that would satisfy Mayo and still be timely for U of MN prep for possible BMT in February. Dr. Tefferi is recognized as one of the leading authorities on MPD in the world. Not a day goes by where he is not mentioned on one of the MPD email lists that I subscribe to.

On current status, I had a blood transfusion yesterday, #27 for a total of 55 units so far. My Hgb was down to 8.6 and platelets were 445. White cells were down to 8.1, indicating improvement on my sinus head cold which has almost cleared up. I took my last Azithromycin today and currently only have a slight headache.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good plan! Hope things go well.

Ken Brandt