Saturday, September 09, 2006

Mom's status

Since I posted on Tuesday, I have had another blood transfusion (43 units over 21 sessions since first June 2005) and my mother has been going down hill. I visited her after my transfusion on Thursday and her response was minimal. Andrew and I visited again Thursday night and she seem to acknowledge when I said "I love you". I went to visit her today as my sister (Lola) relates in the following from an email message:

"Some of you know and some of you don't but my Mom had another stroke on Monday, the 4th of Sept. We were supposed to take her home this week but now she will soon be going home to heaven. She was able to talk with us some the beginning of the week but as the week has progressed she has gone into a coma. Joel, ( my brother), Don, another friend and I went to see my Mom this afternoon and had a little prayer service for her and sang a few songs. She seemed to try to open her eyes a little when we sang and prayed. It is difficult to see her like this but we know her greatest joy would be to wake up in heaven in the arms of Jesus. Please pray for us and for her these days. It may be a few days or it may be a week. It is hard to say how long it will be. Only God knows that."

My problems are forgotten in light of the current family situation. So many memories of my 58 years with my mother come to mind. She has had a good life of 89 years and is ready to go to be with Jesus and my father who died almost three years ago. As I sit with her it reminds me of sitting with my father five years ago and wondering what he was thinking. I related an analogy of a Butterfly on my Story2Tell website at that time. Likewise, perhaps my mother is like a Butterfly as well or soon to be in a beautiful new body in heaven.

No comments: