Saturday, September 23, 2006

Busy week

After getting back from Michigan (Mom's funeral) on Sunday, I took vacation on Monday to be with Andrew during and after his sinus surgery. Tuesday, I had an eye doctor's appoinment and went home to sleep for a couple of hours to recover from the eye drops. Wednesday was a wild day. I had my blood test at 7:30am, took Andrew the doctor at 10:30, got a call to go back for a blood type & cross match at 2:30pm, stopped at DHL to pick up my repaired Mac laptop and still managed to work 7.5 hours before getting home about 7pm. I actually worked 9.8 hours on Thursday, trying to make up the time I had missed.

Since my hemoglobin was 10.2 a week ago, I really did not expect it to be 8.6 on Wednesday. I didn't expect it to be 10.2 before either. So I had a blood transfusion on Friday, but was not able to connect my laptop to the university network and to our work computers. Seems like my daughter's university network account has expired and I was out of range of the hospital's guest network. I ended up taking some sick leave to account for the missed hours.

So the count is 22 transfusions, 45 units of packed red blood cells and an average of 18 days between transfusions this year. The last 4 transfusions have been 14 or 15 days between since I slipped from transfusions on Wed to Friday.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I don't know why the account didn't work, I should have it until december.