Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Again

Again, my hemoglobin is down to 8.4 and I am scheduled for a transfusion on Thursday. This makes 43 units of red blood cells since my first and an average of every 18 days during this year. Other blood counts were essentially the same though platelets were down some to 534. Strange since they should go up with my reduction of Anagrelide.

Again, my mother is back in the hospital with another stroke. This one was caused by bleeding into her skull on the right side. A 2 inch spot was visible on the CT scan and is putting pressure on her brain. It happened early Monday morning and I met my sister, Charlotte, in the emergency room at 7:30am. Mom is still aware and recognizes people, but has extreme difficulty speaking. She was doing better today, but doctors don't hold much hope for her going home again. Sunday, she was moving on her own with the walker, had control of her bladder and would have gone back to Lola's today. A day later and everything has changed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a difficult sad time for you and your family.
Ken Brandt